Renting a Car
Saudi Arabia has several public means of transport such as trains and buses but most people prefer to drive their own cars. For those who don’t have their own cars, they can use taxis which are quite expensive to rent. If you are new in Saudi Arabia, you have no other option but to rent a car to be able to move around.
To drive around Saudi Arabia, you need to carry your valid driver’s license from your country of residence. There are some car rental companies that will require you to have your international driver’s license. Whether it is your ordinary driver’s license or an international driver’s license, you need to have had it for at least 2 years.
If you are in Saudi as a tourist or a short business trip, you can choose to rent a car immediately you get to the airport. This way, you don’t have to rely on public transport any time to need to go around Saudi Arabia.
To get the best deals when renting a car in Saudi, you can make your booking before embarking on your journey. This will be an assurance that the car will be available immediately you land at the airport. If you wait until you get to Saudi, you make find the demand for the vehicles is very high and pay a high price to get one. Get more information please visit here rocket marketing pro.
Here are Some Driving Times When You Rent a Car in Saudi Arabia
- The recommended speed in urban centers is 45km/hr, 80km/hr in areas outside urban centers, and 120km/hr on motorways.
- It’s an offense to drive under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other narcotics.
- Keep to your right when driving around Saudi
- You can only drive if you are over 18 years.
- When riding a motorcycle, you need to wear a helmet always
- If you have children, you need to place them on safety sits
- You cannot drive a car without a valid car insurance
- You cannot use or hold a mobile phone when driving.
- Your rental car should have license plates both at the front and at the back
- You are not allowed to stand on railroads
- If you come across a checkpoint or security patrol, you need to stand
- If you come across an intersection where there is equal access, the vehicles coming from the right have a priority
- You cannot pass a school bus if it stops to either load or offload students.
- It is an offense to throw anything on the road as you drive
- If you are a woman, it is an offense to ride a bicycle on a public road.
In case you are involved in an accident when driving a rental car in Saudi Arabia, you can be held in custody whether you are on the wrong or not. You need to notify your embassy immediately after the accident to be safe. ]
If you are able to follow the rules set by the Saudi government, you’ll definitely have a great time exploring in Saudi. Remember to follow the other rules that govern Saudi Arabia as this is the only way you will reap the most from your visit.